Palliative Care Services
Palliative Care Phoenix AZ
Life is too short and precious to spend it in pain and/or discomfort. That’s why THEMA’s Phoenix AZ location provides in-home palliative care services aimed at providing relief from the distressing symptoms of chronic disease. Our skilled, multidisciplinary team of providers will develop the optimum symptom relief regimen to give you or your loved one relief from any physical, emotional, and spiritual discomforts experienced as a result of a disease or physical condition.
Receive palliative care wherever you call home dedicated to symptom management and for any physical, emotional or spiritual discomforts you may be experiencing from your chronic disease.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care aims to improve the quality of life for anyone living with a serious physical ailment or life-threatening disease, as well as the patient’s loved ones and network of caregivers. The goal is not to cure the condition or disease but rather provide relief from the physical symptoms and stresses of a serious illness in your daily life. That’s why THEMA’s multidisciplinary palliative care team in Phoenix AZ includes nurse practitioners, chaplains, and master social workers. Together, our Arizona team provides an extra layer of support above and beyond the medical treatments you or a loved one is receiving to alleviate suffering and help you and your loved ones cope with the stress and burden of your illness.
There are four main components to THEMA Health Services’ palliative care program:
- Pain and Symptom Control – Identifying your sources of pain and discomfort and providing treatments that offer relief are at the core of our services. Pain and symptom control treatments may include medication, massage therapy, relaxation, and a number of other traditional and alternative therapies. We will work closely with your primary caregivers to develop a regimen that complements your medical treatment plan.
- Communication and Coordination – At THEMA Health Services, we put great importance and emphasis on communication between our patients, their family, and their physicians at all times to ensure that all their needs are met. Our providers are extremely good communicators and can help get everyone on the same page during this difficult time.
- Emotional Support – One of the driving principles at THEMA Health Services is the focus on the entire person, and not just the illness or physical condition they are afflicted with. This focus is an extremely important component of our palliative care services. Our palliative care team is dedicated and committed to helping each patient and their family address any social, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs that they may be experiencing as a result of a chronic or life-threatening condition.
- Family/Provider Support – Families and providers can bear a great deal of stress too, which is why we offer resources and support that ease their strain during this difficult time. We do whatever we can to improve the quality of life for the patients we support, and we make that same promise for their loved ones and caregivers.
Improved Quality of Life and Symptom Relief
Palliative care can be performed along with the treatment you receive from your primary doctors in treating a wide range of chronic illnesses and painful physical conditions, including:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritic)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease
- Liver Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Renal Disease
In fact, by providing relief from various symptoms, palliative care can even improve your ability to undergo medical treatments that can help treat the underlying condition contributing to your current level of pain and discomfort. Patients of any age and at any stage of illness are eligible. Unlike hospice, you do not have to wait until your disease becomes terminal to seek relief from your symptoms. You can start as soon as you or a loved one receives a diagnosis and begins treatment.
Our holistic, multidisciplinary approach allows us to provide relief from a number of bothersome conditions that may be causing you or a loved one to experience pain, discomfort, stress, and a generally lower quality of life. Palliative care can help you or a loved one with symptoms such as:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Breathing Difficulties (Shortness of Breath, Labored Breathing, etc.)
- Anxiety of Depression
- Loss of Appetite/Unexplained Weight Loss
- Mental Confusion
Palliative Care in Phoenix Arizona
Most insurance plans cover all or part of the cost of palliative care. If you are concerned about the cost of or need help navigating your insurance coverage options, our advisors are standing by to assist you. You can trust THEMA’s multidisciplinary team of social workers, nurse practitioners, and chaplains. Everyone deserves freedom from pain and discomfort, and we’ll make sure you or a loved one gets nothing less. Contact us online or call THEMA Health Services in Phoenix, Arizona at (602) 889-4400 to learn more about our palliative care program.