Palliative Care Services
Receive care wherever you call home dedicated to symptom management and for any physical, emotional or spiritual discomforts you may be experiencing from your chronic disease.
Life is too short and precious to spend it in pain and discomfort. That’s why THEMA Health Services provides in-home palliative care services aimed at providing relief from the distressing symptoms of chronic disease. Our skilled, multidisciplinary team of palliative care providers will develop the optimum symptom control regimen to give you or your loved one relief from any physical, emotional, and spiritual discomforts experienced as a result of a disease or physical condition.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care aims to improve the quality of life for anyone living with a serious physical ailment or life-threatening disease, as well as the patient’s loved ones and network of caregivers. the goal of palliative care is not to cure the condition or disease but rather provide relief from the symptoms and stresses of a serious illness. That’s why THEMA Health Services multidisciplinary palliative care team includes nurse practitioners, chaplains, and masters of social work. Together, we provide an extra layer of support above and beyond the medical treatments you or a loved one is receiving to alleviate suffering and help you and your loved ones cope with the stress and burden of your illness.
There are four main components to THEMA Health Services palliative care services:
- Pain and Symptom Control – Identifying your sources of pain and discomfort and providing treatments that offer relief are at the core of our palliative care services. Pain and symptom control treatments may include medication, massage therapy, relaxation, and a number of other traditional and alternative therapies. We will work closely with your primary caregivers to develop a regimen that complements your medical treatment plan.
- Communication and Coordination – At THEMA Health Services, we put great importance and emphasis on communication between our patients, their loved ones, and their doctors to ensure that all their needs are met. Our palliative care providers are extremely good communicators and can help get everyone on the same page.
- Emotional Support – One of the driving principles at THEMA Health Services is the focus on the entire person, and not just the illness or physical condition they are afflicted with. This focus is an extremely important component of our palliative care services. Our team is dedicated and committed to helping patients and their families address any social, psychological, emotional, and spiritual needs that may be experienced as a result of a chronic or life-threatening condition.
- Family/Caregiver Support – Families and caregivers can bear a great deal of stress too, which is why our palliative care team offers resources and support that eases their strain. We do whatever we can to improve the quality of life for the patients we care for, and we make that same promise for their loved ones and caregivers.
Palliative care can be performed along with the care you receive from your primary doctors in treating a wide range of chronic illnesses and painful physical conditions, including:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid/Osteoarthritic)
- Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease
- Liver Failure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Renal Disease
In fact, by providing relief from various symptoms, palliative care can even improve your ability to undergo medical treatments that can help treat the underlying condition contributing to your current level of pain and discomfort. Patients of any age and at any stage of illness are eligible for palliative care. Unlike hospice care, you do not have to wait until your disease becomes terminal to seek relief from your symptoms. You can start treatment as soon as you or a loved one receives a diagnosis and begins treatment.
Our holistic, multidisciplinary approach allows us to provide relief from a number of bothersome conditions that may be causing you or a loved one to experience pain, discomfort, stress, and a generally lower quality of life. Palliative care can help you or a loved one with symptoms such as:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Breathing Difficulties (Shortness of Breath, Labored Breathing, etc.)
- Anxiety of Depression
- Loss of Appetite/Unexplained Weight Loss
- Mental Confusion
Most insurance plans cover all or part of the cost of palliative care. If you are concerned about the cost or need help navigating your insurance coverage options, our advisors are standing by to assist you. Everyone deserves freedom from pain and discomfort, and we’ll make sure you or a loved one gets nothing less. Contact us online or call THEMA Health Services in Phoenix at (602) 889-4400 to learn more about our palliative care services.